Saturday, October 15, 2005


I need a break. On the weekends, I like to stay up really late at night just so I can make the days longer. I really just don't want the next day to start, since that means I've just lost one precious day out of my short weekend. What really ends up happening is that I sleep really late and then wake up really late the next day. So I actually don't make the day longer.

I'm pretty much over law school now. My first year was a challenge. Different and new. This second year is just a repeat of the same horrid experiences. I've been there, done that. Now I'm just bored. I feel like yelling, enough already and moving on. I like change. Change everything - my house, my job...and if things are meant to last, they will. That's the way I see it.

My interviewer last week asked my how I like my school. I lied. I said I loved it. I wouldn't wish my school upon anyone like me. People that are used to diversity, the chance of meeting new people regularly, public transportation and coffee shops that stay open late should not move anywhere near OC. I told D how I used to only love two things about my school. Now it's only one - the faculty are very supportive if you let them assist you. The advantage of such a small school is that the faculty and administration actually want to get to know the students. But as far as the students themselves, I've never been surrounded by such a non-diverse, closed-minded group of people. It scare me only because I know, perhaps this is how the real world is. Maybe before law school, I was living in what I thnk is an ideal environment.

I miss San Francisco. If you ever get a chance, go to canvas cafe in the evening. Enjoy live music by local musicians. Go to Naan & Curry on 7th and Irving for some great Indian Food, and Golden Gate Park on the weekends for an array of events. Walk along Union Street and support small business owners. And on a perfect day, rent scoot cars near Fisherman's Wharf and ride along the Marina. **Sigh**

No comments: