Thursday, October 20, 2005

So V had another life-altering incident. *Sigh* Sometimes, I feel like her life-altering incidents are affecting my life now too. I don't know how much more I can take of her out-of-control problems. She gets so consumed by them that she can hardly breathe, which makes it hard for me to breathe. I feel like say, nope I can't handle this today. I'm sure she feels the same, but why can't she just say fuck it, I'm moving on because I'm a fighter.

Everyone has their problems. It may seem like life's fine and dandy, but I truly believe every single person fights their little fights. No one's perfect because no one's life is perfect. It's just how we decide to handle our problems that makes everyone different. Me - yes, I dwell on things. I'm too sensitive and I get angry and jealous. But I can also say, fuck y'all. I'm gonna prove you wrong. For instance, last night, I shared my opening statement with H. She immediately rolled her eyes (keep in mind she's my "friend") and said it was "damn cheesy." Now, I'm thinking there was about oh, 100 different ways she could have given me that same criticism without stating those exact words. Like, "Oh, why don't you try it this way," or "How about starting off like this." But no - she kept repeating the word "cheesy." I was, to say the least, shocked by her bluntness. Maybe it's just me, but when I give criticism, I like to balance out the good with the bad and lighten the blow. I actually THINK about hurting someone's feelings, because sharing work is like exposing yourself and being naked. So I had to kick her out of my room. I laid on my bed for about 10 minutes. I was sad. Sad because my friend could have gone about that in a different way and didn't give a thought to how I might feel after what she said. But after 10 minutes, I was like, "Okay bitch, I'll show you how far cheesy goes." I didn't mean that she was a bitch, but shoot, I was pist!

I have such issues with my roommates, I don't even know where to begin. This week I realized that H was the greatest friend to me when I was having problems with Caroline (that's another story for another time). And when I stopped having problems for her to help me fix, she abandoned me. Now she has K's problems and V's problems. She needs to be needed. I'm okay with that, but I just didn't think that would ever have to ruin our friendship. Well...I can't control everything. K and I...well, we never meshed. After this mock trial thing is over, I'm definitely gonna need some space. Thank GOD Jen's coming in from NY this weekend. I need some normal non-law related friends to remind me how normal non-law people act.

And so V goes another day thinking her world's coming to an end... I go another day trying to figure out how everything changed so fast. I know for certain that it wasn't a mistake to move out, but maybe it was a mistake to move in.

No comments: