Monday, May 01, 2006

Half Way

The paper has been turned in and I've completed one final. I have two more to go over the next eight days. I'm beyond tired. It makes no sense to my why my school doesn't provide the students with a study week or reading period like every other law school I know. We go from finishing classes right into finals...it's like they want us to suffer even more than we are. Fine - enough complaining.

I also found out that I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week. I had actually forgotten all about it, which shows how much I didn't care for the position. I'm actually a little relieved because the field of franchise law doesn't really appeal to me. I was telling a friend about the interview, and said how while I was listening to my interviewer tell me about the position, it was like looking at my life five years down the line had I picked this road. I don't really want to go down that road of contracts and corporate law. I personally find it boring, inpersonable, and a bit meaningless. That's not to say contract law has no meaning, but I have always needed to do something for "the greater good." I'm having problems finding "greater good" positions that actually pay a greater salary.

So my quest to find a job continues. I've definitely lost my drive somewhere along the last month. I told a friend today how I'm not really excited about the summer because I don't have anything to look forward to. I don't have a purpose. There's a saying, every man (and woman) must have a purpose to survive. No purpose, no will to live. Now, I'm not that dramatic about my lack of a summer job, but I kind of get that sense. Of course, the thought of catching up with all my favorite shows also sounds like a good purpose too.

No comments: