So I'm two days away from my first final. I'm not even close to being prepared for any of them. I just got my 2nd rough draft back from my professor, who insists I make changes and additions. I'm like, list lady, I have five other classes to prepare for here! All the while, the only thing I think is worthy of writing about is the damn train that goes by my apartment.
That's right. A train. No, it's not miles away, it's not even blocks away, I have train tracks literally about a couple hundred feet away from my bedroom window. I'm not talking about the bullet train or the Amtrack train. Nope, these tracks support the old school, shouldn't-even-be-running-anymore type of trains...that blows! Seriously, every couple hours, even in the dead of the night, the damn train blows its horns! [And there it goes again!] See, it doesn't bother my that much anymore. In fact, I can sleep right through it. I think it's rather funny how these old cargo trains still exist!
You'd think with all the new types of transportation, faster methods of delivery, things wouldn't still be taken place to place by train. These are the old, made of metal, box cars that thud and regularly get stuck on the tracks. Then I realized how damn noisy it must of been in the early 1900s when transportation was clunky and slow. Horses on the ground, trains, wooden wheels. How did anyone study for finals back then?
No comments:
Post a Comment