Sunday, January 14, 2007

I've realized...

that 2007 has started, whether I like it or not. It's been a very long first week back at school. Overall, my 2007 has started off pretty rocky. My grandpa was in the hospital for a week, I came down with the flu (like everyone else), I had a couple pretty good arguments with family. I've already missed one class because of my flu. It's only been 14 days into the year and I'm tired.


Thing is, I've also had to think about some things lately, mainly my friends' relationships with their men. I've realized I don't click with any of them, accept's for A's boyfriend, who I just adore. It's so strange to me why the friends that I love are with men that the rest of us as just kinda eh about. It makes me a little sad. Some are already married, others are bound to marry them, and I can't help but picture very dull and uncomfortable dinner dates in the future. Heck, it's already been like that now.

Complaint #1: myra's husband. I'm really trying hard to get along with the guy, especially because he attends my law school now. It's been hard. He just doesn't have the best qualities. He's lazy and rude to me sometimes. The two of them together really rub me the wrong way, which is disappointing. For instance, last month I went over to myra's place to exchange christmas gifts. While I was there, they kept complaining about one time danny and I took them to AsiaSF, a restaurant in San Francisco, for dinner. I must admit, it's an eclectic place. AsiaSF features Asian transvestite waitresses who also put on shows as dining entertainment. Needless to say, they flipped out, but not while we were there! It isn't until several years later. I've learned that they hated the place, but that dinner took place in 2003 or 2004!

Obviously, 1) they don't like tranvestites, 2) they're both rude. Who complains about a dinner that occured several years ago?! More importantly, why complain at all?! If they weren't comfortable with the venue, they should have spoken up before we were seated, not a few years later.

One of my biggest pet peeves - ungratefulness. I think it's rude and inconsiderate. So you can understand how uncomfortable I was while I heard myra and her lovely husband complain about the whole dinner for about 20 minutes... Myra's husband doesn't bring out the best in her. They are two children, both immature, and that drives me nuts. Simply stated, the guy is an idiot. He can hardly take care of himself, how is he supposed to take care of a diva like myra? (And when I say diva, I don't mean bitch. She has standards.) He sits on his ass and watches sport all day and night. Do I think he'll pass the bar? I hope he does, for her sake.

All of my friends' men have actually made me realize one thing - I am by far the luckiest. Danny is everything they're not, and he makes me so proud. I'm so proud to be with him, and I'm so lucky he loves me. He makes me want to become stronger, better, smarter.

No comments: