Tuesday, January 23, 2007

the perfect friend.

Man, oh man, have I learned yet another lesson. There is no such thing as the perfect friend. You'd think there would be, since the standards may be lower than those for a spouse or partner. People are people, no matter how many ways you look at them. A is just about on my last nerves. It's a little sad, because we were doing so well. This whole time, since September, she was the best roommate for the most part. If we had our squabbles, we'd talk them out, and the poof - it would be good again.

Yesterday, she blew up at me because I asked her if she was okay or if she was upset at me. She's been grouchy, mean, and snappy, so I thought I did something to upset her. When I asked, she snapped at me and said no. All I could wonder is why, then, was she being such a bitch? It's not like I ever take out my anger on her when I fight with my dad or brother. I never ever direct my anger towards anyone unless it's intended for them.

That's what's been bothering me. Why does she think it's okay to take out her feelings on me. If anything, I'm here to help because I'm concerned...I don't want to pry or upset her more. She can be so offensive sometimes...they way she says things. If she wanted her personal space, she could have simply said, I'm having some hard times right now... I'd be more than happy to move on. I just needed to know that I wasn't the reason for her anger.

Until I get an apology, you can be sure that I'll keep my talking at a minimum. I have been good about not asking about where she goes or what she does. It's a damn wonder her bf can put up with the attitude. Patience is a virtue...one I'm quickly run out of.

No comments: