Saturday, October 06, 2007

that's what I want

I'm realizing that I really must want a job now if I'm surfing Craigslist at 1am on a Friday night. Too bad I don't see anything...I keep finding positing for attorneys with at least 2 years of experience. *sigh*

Tomorrow, my parents and brother are flying in to the Bay Area for "meet-the-parents" weekend. Can you sense my excitement? I'm dreading dinner tomorrow night. If you're at the Cliff House during dinner, I'll be the chic with her head in her hands, dying of embarrassment from her father's comments. My family and Danny's family are meeting for the first time. I'm really hoping no one will say anything stupid, and that somehow, words won't get lost in translation. I'm scared or nervous; this is definitely not like taking the Bar exam. It's like going to the dentist's office for a filling. I know I have to get it over with, and I'm hoping time will fly by. Thank goodness for food and wine!

Wedding planning is still in the works. I haven't been able to find a venue yet. I feel like reception venues are ridiculously expensive in the city, but we refuse to go elsewhere. If I had a nickel for every time Myra told me to get married in LA, I'd have $100 by now. She must not know me to think I would even consider it. I hate LA. I'd rather elope. Seriously.

I still don't know what's going on in A's mind and why she seems to be upset with me. I called her the other day to set things straight. Of course, she didn't answer. When I text messaged her to ask if she was upset, she texted back that I was being weird and that she wasn't. Yet, she never called me back or emailed. So I'm done trying to figure things out or patch whatever it was that went wrong. I've said this before, but I really do break-up with girlfriends much more than men, and I can't understand why.

I'm picking up the family right at lunch tomorrow. I'm really hoping the weekend goes smoothly. Even with everything else going on, not a day goes by when I don't pray that I passed the Bar.

No comments: