Saturday, January 05, 2008

the good and the bad

The good news is I have no anxiety about taking the Bar again. The bad news is I have no anxiety about taking the Bar exam again...yet. My friend L, a successful attorney who regrets becoming one, reminded me the other day how much I'll regret my poor study habits if I don't pass in May. Thank you, L. I am completely aware of the consequences. Still, I'm lacking the drive that I so desperately need.

I crave motivation as much as I crave a new pair of shoes. Let me remind you. that's a pretty strong statement. I finished a round of evidence MBEs, scoring at 60%. It took all my energy just to get through those questions. Tomorrow, I'll listen to Jeff Adachi tell me how I need to push myself, how I only have a certain number of days left (because I haven't been counting, I don't know), and how it's go-time. Every Sunday, I hope his words would whip me into shape. No luck yet.

Side note: The man is simply brilliant. Most times I don't think I'm worthy of his presence because I doubt I'll ever be as great of an attorney as he is... *sigh*

Now that my cold is finally clearing, thanks to Dayquil and Nyquil, I don't have any excuses as to why I'm not putting in the hours. I hoping I make some drastic changes this week. Afterall, at some point, I'm going to run out of weeks.

No comments: