Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Indulgences

My theme for this week has been to take it one day at a time; don't look back, don't look forward. I take what's on my plate for the day - usually 2 subjects, 1 hour MBEs in the morning, 1 hour in the evening. I'm hoping to get done with memorization by tomorrow and then it's all practice for the next few days.

The day turns into night, turns into day, turns into night. This is more true now that it's gloomy in the City. I wake up not knowing if it's morning or if I just hit the pillow. On that note, I haven't had a nightmare about the Bar in a very long time. It's a bit relieving. I'm so tired by the time I get to bed, I'm outties.

I'm not very nervous yet. I did have a small breakdown after Holtz's seminar over the weekend, because I realized I had to learn yet another set of tools. Other than that, I'm keeping it cool. Things that would have driven me crazy last summer aren't affecting me at all this time. For instance, I never received my admission ticket in the mail. I called Bar Admissions, they said it was sent last December. Then, silence on the phone for a few seconds... Okay, well I didn't get it. So I have to go to the Convention Center on Monday and ask them to "write" one up for me. Since I'm such a control freak, this would have sent me in loops last summer. Today, eh...couldn't care less.

I've been keeping myself afloat this week with small indulgences. American Idol for 30 minutes during dinner, Millionaire Matchmaker for 30 minutes during lunch. My big prize will be on Thursday, one full hour of Lost! It's a little pathetic, but words can't explain how happy this makes me. I've seriously become a caged animal that needs a "fish biscuit" every now and then.

The ultimate reward - I'm heading off to Paris in March. Yes, I've put my moocher skills to the test. Now that I have become the ultimate moocher, I've managed to get a Paris stay, courtesy of my sister's company. I need to pay for the flight there with my non-existent money, but the company is covering hotel and partial food. How could I have passed that up? I'm hoping the airline takes play money, because at this point, it's all I may be able to offer. Hmm...maybe I'll have the Bar "write" some up.

Hang in there, Round Deuxers! I'm sending good vibes and happy feelings your way.

3 comments:

Golnoush said...

OMG, i didn't realize i didn't get mine either until i just read your blog!

damn it...

L said...

i didn't get mine either until last week from the LA office.
the SF Bar office sucks because they kept telling me "just wait...blah blah blah"

L said...

Hey Stella,
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!