I made it back. Strangely enough, despite my frustrations there, I miss Paris. I've had dreams about still being there. I guess my trip was a perfect escape from reality, and now I'm forced to face the fact that I need to find a job and finish wedding planning. I don't really care to do either at this moment. I get anxiety attacks when I think about Bar results, and I can't seem to stop thinking about "what if I don't pass."
This whole year has been a bit strange. I can't believe it's already April. I've been wandering in limbo. It's frustrating, and I'm slowly realizing I need to move in a direction where I can be proud of myself. Problem is, I've gotten comfortable hanging out in limbo. People tell me I have a good life - no work, no school. As embarrassing as that is, it's true. I can't deny that my life is quite easy right now, but I'm a mental mess.
Being away from home has made me appreciate what I left. I absolutely love my bed, I love American toilet paper, I love big fat supermarkets, and I love the city. This picture is the tulip garden in Golden Gate Park by the windmill. I think it's just as breathtaking as all the monuments I've seen in the past month. Even after spending time in Paris and Florence, I still think there's no place like home.
1 comment:
welcome back!!
how was florence?
Post a Comment