I wish I had something great to share, but nothing's changed since the last time I blogged. If anything, I've been feeling a little depressed here and there. December is one of my favorite months. I'm usually filled with holiday cheer. This year, I'm feeling the holiday blues.
I had a major forehead-slapping moment about 5 minutes ago. I was applying to jobs, reading and re-reading my cover letter. And there it was...a ding dang missing word!!! The past 5 cover letters I sent out was missing a word in one of the first sentences. ARGH! How could I have missed this?! How?
I forgot an "I" in the phrase "I handled"...within the paragraph where I brag about my legal research and writing abilities. Nice. I hope it gave someone a good laugh...
I'm not blaming this missing word for my lack of interviews, but I wouldn't be surprised if my resume was tossed out right away. Why would any employer consider a person who can't even draft a perfect cover letter? Thinking of the missing "I" makes me squirm.
Oh, whoa is I...
2 comments:
I totally sympathize with you on that!!! One reason why I vowed to NEVER describe myself as "detail oriented." that's just asking for me to misspell (two s's??) something or leave out a word or a period... It's so frustrating to not know why you're not getting called back. thinking of you and hoping things go your way soon. I've been there before and I know how you must be feeling....
Oh, I know the feeling, which is exactly why I make all my friends proof everything!
(They all got jobs and feel sorry for me.)
Ditto that K!
Post a Comment