This whole job search thing is getting old now. I'm so tired of searching, re-drafting my cover letter, pushing send, then hoping and wishing for an interview. I think I've developed a minor case of arthritis from keeping my fingers crossed so tightly.
You know what else is getting old? Me. I'm now in my...sigh...late twenties. I would have liked to have established some form of career by now. Instead, I have a worthless JD, a fat loan that's accruing interest by the minute, and a license that I can't afford to keep at this rate.
I'M SO FRUSTRATED!
Someone, just offer me an interview. I know I didn't graduate top 10% of my class, but I promise to wow you with my ability to hold a smart conversation. That is perhaps the most frustrating bit of job searching. I know I'm smart. I'm personable! (We all know not all lawyers are pleasant.) Most importantly, I'm capable! I know I'm highly capable of practicing law.
I just need someone to give me a chance.
On a side note, thanks for positive the comments, folks. It's definitely helped knowing that other people are crossing their fingers for me.
1 comment:
Hey Stella,
If I may make a suggestion... okay, it's actually a question.
What kind of job are you looking for?
A good friend who passed the Feb exam last year interviewed with a small firm guy who was looking for some short term help. They got along well in the interview and now she's there full time. She's taking all kinds of cases, splitting fees with him, and he's mentoring/ tutoring/ guiding/ instructing as needed. She's leveraging herself off his name, address, reputation, and getting her career off to a good start. She's not as busy as she would like, yet, but it's just a matter of time.
I don't know what your requirements are as far as salary goes, but if you can afford to start a little slower than you had planned you might end up better off in the long run.
It's just something to consider.
Good luck!
Post a Comment