Sunday, July 12, 2009

comment on the comment

Thanks, Anon. I actually do have a non-legal job that I've been working at since the beginning of this year. It's part-time, but it keeps me busy and I feel like I am able to contribute to someone else's business. The reason I don't blog about it is because I wanted to share my job search struggles with others who may be in my position.

Perhaps the maxim "it's easier to find a job when you already have one" doesn't work with everyone. A job is just a job. My blog is about finding my career...the one I've invested over $150k and 3 years in developing. I can also say, from speaking with others who are unhappy, that it's definitely hard today to leave a current job in pursuit of another position. I'm sure I don't have to reiterate that there's not much out there. We just hold on to whatever we can keep.

Although, I have been trying to be more optimistic with everything in general. It's a struggle...but it's been the reason that I've been shying away from blogging about my job search. I'm trying to refrain from putting the negativity in writing.

At the end of the day, when I reflect on this experience, I'm learning to just hold on and keep doing what I'm doing. I'm riding this economy out because for now, it's all I can do.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Stella,
I've enjoyed your blog since since 2007, and I want to encourage you to send your resume to my boss' law firm (I'm a paralegal). Here is the link to the Craig's List ad: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/lgl/1250498209.html