Thursday, August 13, 2009

kudos to me...?

Spoke to a friend this morning. A working friend, a fellow attorney. She said that she's rather surprised that I'm taking my joblessness so well, that I sounded rather "jolly."

Hmmm... Well that's a first.

"Jolly" makes me seem like I'm Santa Claus. Yes, while the belly has unfortunately grown over the past year since I've gotten married, "jolly" isn't quite how I'm feeling these days. And besides, how else should I sound, what else am I supposed to do? I've already tried the whole whoa is me, semi-suidical back in May and June. That didn't do me any good and it definitely didn't get me anywhere.

I'm coping. It's August and my last interview didn't work out...again. I thought I was a shoe in because it was a contract attorney position and they were planning on hiring buckets full. Of course, the day after my interview, their clients pulled out which meant no work to be had. I'm focusing on networking this month. It doesn't come easy for me to meet with strangers over lunch and talk about myself. I don't like asking for things from someone I just met, but this month is all about getting over it. I'm getting over my lack of luck and the whoa-is-me complex. So we'll see where all this networking takes me.

Dust yourself off and try again...and again.

No comments: