Here I am, in slacks and a work top. It finally happened. I found a job...with the help of a friend's friend. It's only a temporary contract attorney position, but I'm so happy about having to wake up in the morning and go somewhere! It's the best feeling.
It's been three weeks since I started this job, and I've been so busy that I've only had a moment to stick a new song on the page. It's a bad song, but the only one that popped in my head at the time! (Also takes me back to 7th grade camp.)
The one thing I've learned once again is that you have to reach out to your networks. Ask friends to reach into their networks. I have never turned down a chance to meet someone, even if I really, really didn't feel like it. Right now, it's paid off. This job isn't ideal and I wish it was permanent, but I'm so glad I finally get to put something new on my resume.
Alright, glad to say I have to go back to work.
6 comments:
DUDE, way to go! that rocks -- i am so happy for you. you are my hero! :)
Thanks, abbagirl! And you've always been my blogging hero!
Awesome, great news!!!
Excellent, girl!!!!
So proud of you!
~Weezy
congratulations! Even if it is only temporary, it's obviously doing wonders for you mentally :) Glad to have all your hard networking pay off. I only hope this leads to bigger and better (and permanent) things for you! congrats!
Congrats Stella! I have following your blog since taking and passing the Feb 09 bar. It's awesome to finally work as an attorney. Looks like 2009 is shaping up to be your year ;-)
Post a Comment