Life's very simple. See, I think I have it all figured out. The meaning of life is to love. Love has the magnificient power to cause unbearable heartache and happiness all at the same time. Today is V's Birthday. She's an incredible 22. When I was 22, I had graduated from Berkeley, was living on my own in SF. I was happy. Stressed, but happy. At 22, I thought I was finally figuring life out. I'm not much older than 22, but since then, I've managed to learn an so much.
There is only one thing in my life that brings me to peace - my love for Danny and his love for me. But even though I know this, I also sometimes feel willing to risk it all "for something better." I know, in my heart, there is no one better. He's it. He's always been it, and the longer I live, the more I realize how lucky I am.
Friends literally come and go. If anything, I've learned that much in these past few months. Some friendships are not worth mending... I truly believe if it's that hard, then maybe it shouldn't be. Lovers are also very easy come by. I learned that this past summer too. But in the end, there are very, very few people I can rely on... And that's life.
We make things hard. Emotions make things hard. Jealousy makes life incredibly hard. Greed ruins relationships. Why do we complicate life so much? It's as if we're so bored, we have to muck things up just to make life interesting.
I've been trying hard to be a good person. The smartest decision I made all year was to move out...The stupidest decision I made all year was to move out and move in with law school friends! Seriously, sometimes I want to kick myself. Good one, Stella. I had to go and complicate something that was so simple.
Whatever I may have lost, I've gained in wisdom. Live and learn. I at least I have love.
No comments:
Post a Comment