My mom calls me today to tell me she thinks it's too late for me to find a job. She says I should just volunteer or do something since I've been "wasting my time." If I wait any longer, she fears that I'll "just be bored all summer." SHUT UP! After we hang up, she calls again! This time, I'm smart enough not to answer, but she leaves a message. With an annoyed voice, she asked why I didn't answer the phone, when she very well knows why. She then tells me, if I haven't lost all hope, I should look into going abroad. Because God forbid, her loser daughter who goes to a loser law school will also be a loser all summer long.
Why does it matter anyway? None of my parents' friends know that I go to law school in the first place! From this point forward, I am no longer answering phone calls from my mom. She will be placed on my no-answer list until she learns that this is not about her, it's about me. If she truly cared about me, and not her reputation, she would encourage me to just take it easy. She thinks I'm sitting on my ass, having a jolly good time. Does she know about the damn FROG IN THE MOUTH dream!? Does she know about my freakish elevator rides every other night?! I'm going up and down and up and down, trying to figure out what the fuck to do with my pathetic self! Even if it's a mother's job to nag, it is not a mother's job to lose faith.
Because when my mom loses faith in me, that's when I completely lose faith in myself.
I'd rather have her just shut up than hear her pathetic attempt to salvage something she thinks is lost...because it's not lost. I haven't given up yet.
So mom, just to prove that I haven't been sitting on my ass, here's a list of places I've applied to:
Anchor Law Group
Benjamin, Weill & Mazer
Cafe Press
California Teacher's Association
Ellman, Burke, Hoffman & Johnson
FreeAdvice.com
Gateway Computers
Knapp & Viola
Lippenberger, Thompson, Welch, Soroko & Gilbert LLP
McGuireWoods LLP
Rai and Associates, P.C.
Public Defender's Office
Strand & Seaborn
Taco Bell Corporation
And that is just to name a few. So SHUT UP!
No comments:
Post a Comment