I knew the good times couldn't last forever. So what made it end? Family and the holiday season. First of all, I don't even know how it's already Thanksgiving. It's like I fell asleep one night and poof, it's already the end of November.
Without getting into any details, because details really are meaningless in situations like these, I have come to realize there is only one person I can trust in this world. Myself. And even that's questionable on bad days. But that's not to say I don't trust people. If anything, I trust people too easily. Family...I should be able to trust my family.
Why do I care so much about everything? And why does everything hurt me so much? This thing you call a family is really a big fat test. God's trying to see how much shit you can handle before it drives you crazy. Learn to tolerate what you cannot understand. And then, in the end, it's supposed to all be worth it, but does it really? And what if it's not. What if life could have actually been so much easier, happier, peaceful without the craziness of family.
I think my future will play out like this: I'll get married, move back North, grow old, make many mistakes, have a few laughs, pop out some kids, and visit family during holidays. My grandparents will pass away, then my parents will pass away...and then I'll be left with a choice. I can either continue the madness or walk away and start something new.
Afterall, if nothing lasts forever, maybe the same family shouldn't either.
No comments:
Post a Comment