Wednesday, February 07, 2007

purpose.

Yesterday was my first day tutoring and I loved it. Once I began, that initial nervousness disappeared and it was just me and the 4 little ones. They each have their own great personalities. One of my kids, Hector, is so full of energy. He wants to be a police officer when her grows up.

I have all of 8 weeks with the kids and my goal is to make an impression on them. I want them to look back and think that Ms. Stella told them they could do anything they want. I really hope none of them ever take a step into juvi court, where I worked previously. Man, what a difference. These kids have lots of brothers and sisters, live in apartments, probably haven't done as many things I did at their age, and still they're so full of hope.

I wish I could do more...show them more...teach them more. I was right, it's given me purpose again. For once, in 3 years, it's not just about me, my career, my life, my mistakes, my success. Finally, I get a chance to influence someone else. I think out of all the opportunities I've been given during these 3 years, this is definitely going to be my more memorable.

No comments: