It's funny, this feeling that I have now that I'm completely done with law school. My graduation is on Saturday and I'm not excited at all. I've gone through a week of PMBR courses that has been ripping me to shreds. Everyday, I sit there and do a practice test only to realize that I pretty much didn't learn a damn thing for 3 years. Law school is such a joke. We really learn the law during these Bar exam review courses. It's very dissappointing that that's how I feel about the past few years of my life.
The one thing I was really working towards in law school was completely taken away from me by one adjunct professor. Adjunct means that he's not a real professor, but just a real attorney who believes he can teach. Funny thing is, not all adjunct professors are teachers; not all tenured professors are real teachers either. I worked hard in this class. Wrote two papers that received good feedback. I had two mock hearings which he said I did improve on. Someone, I still managed to get a C+ in that class. Because of that C+, I can't graduate with my emphasis.
So what have I learmed in my 3 years? The world in inherently "unfair." Being blonde and beautiful gets you a lot further in this field. Networking is actually just a professional way of saying kissing ass like no other. Talking just for the sake of hearing your own voice actually can mean you're smarter when it's time to distribute grates. Playing by the rules is nice, but bending the rules makes you a winner. And in the end, most people are cheaters, most people do things to get a step ahead, even if it means stepping on someone else.
I've become a pessimist. I ask myself, do I need to change? Do I need to meditate or learn how to breath? My friend suggested taking out all the negative words from my vocabulary. I'm just so angry about the fact that one ignorant man has the power to shape my future because he favors certain people.
I realize I need to get over it and move on, but 3 years and the one thing I truly wanted is gone. Thing is, I'm not going down without a fight. Professor P, it's on. Tomorrow, 11am.
No comments:
Post a Comment