Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Odds.

The odds are against me, folks. I have a history of doing poorly on standardized tests. This curse has been with me since I was a child. I have never really done well on any multiple choice test that ever meant anything in my lifetime. The GATE program (advanced something or other test) - didn't pass. The magnet school test - didn't pass. The PSATs, SATs - very mediocre. The LSATS - well, suffice to say I didn't attend a very reputable law school. And now, I am facing the mother of all standardized tests. If my life was a movie, this would surely be the climax.

Damn you, Bar exam. The worst part of studying for the Bar is that after three years of law school, I can say with much confidence that I haven't learned much of what I need to know for the Bar exam. It's been a week into my BarBri course and I already feel behind. We're studying Con Law, and I'm still working on torts.

In order for me to remember one or two pieces of info a day, I am going to blog a couple peices of info each day...something should have known, but never learned in law school. Yeah, that's not gonna really get me as far as I need to go...

So today's "Well ain't that somethin'":
There is a 1st Amendment freedom of speech protection to burn the U.S. flag, but there is no protected privilege to burn military draft cards, meaning a person can burn a U.S. flag, but can't burn a draft card!

No comments: