Last night, I had a couple separate dreams that I was fighting. I don't remember the second well so well, because it was in between pushing the snooze button. The first fight sequence was with my dad's friend, out of all people! I wasn't just yelling, we were physically knocking each other. He was saying some crap related to law school or asking me what I was doing with my life, and then he made a smirk comment about my failures. So I began to justify myself, and I was yelling at this man!
Looked up what fighting meant in my dream (because yes, I still have all this time) and this is what dreammoods.com said:
"To dream that you participate in a fight, indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life."
Right on the dot! No surprise. Anyone how knows me, knows that I have the most realistic, vibrant dreams. They are often very symbolic; many have occurred in the future. My fighting dream was obviously me still being hung up on the fact that my parents are in denial about my law school education...or lack thereof, as they believe.
While I want to yell at them to get over it, it appears very clear that I'm not able to just get over them! I'll be carrying this inner turmoil until either they acknowledge things or I learn to let go.
No comments:
Post a Comment