When I was studying for the July exam, I thought I had hit my low point; it couldn't get any worse than that. I was so wrong. This, right now, this awful, pitiful state that I'm in is my low point.
I have put in the name of every person I know that took the Bar last July into the Cal Bar website and everyone, with the exception of 2 names, passed. Nearly everyone. How can this be? How is it that I am the only person that my law school friends feel sorry for these days. *sigh*
My brother, who passed, is now making $160k+ working at Big Law Firm in LA. He just got a pay bump and bought himself a new huge LCD TV and a car. He's been jetting off to go snowboarding somewhere every other weekend. Me...I had to reconsider whether I could afford that Subway sandwich for lunch today, then decided against it.
And my parents, ugh... They remind me every week (because I call home once a week) that I need to pass this time. I don't know if my dad thinks he's motivating me, but he always reminds me how my brother and sister are now lawyers (yes, we are a gross family of attorneys).
I'm feeling down today. Maybe it's the constant rain or maybe it's because I'm studying community property (my lowest essay score on last July's bar). So I'm throwing myself a big pity party. You're all welcome to join me, but I should really advise against it. It's killing today's productivity.
2 comments:
I'm in the opposite boat. Everyone I know (which is not that big of a group of people) failed except a few. It doesn’t make it any easier. The point is- you are not in a small minority of people who have to re-take. There is a huge group- just less than half- that are in your shoes. Not that that helps…..
Most, if not all, of the people I know, failed the July exam. And let me tell you something... that doesn't help even one little bit.
When you're a repeater, misery is your perpetual companion. Whether you were one of the passers, or not, and regardless of how many of your buddies passed.
And that makes me more determined than ever to pass this thing in February.
Post a Comment