I had to pay $10 for internet so that I could upload my answers. I thought I'd make the best use of this 24 hour service and type a little something about my thoughts on Day 1.
I was surprised about today's essays: tort (attractive nuisance-based), pro res, and crim law/crim pro (5th and 6th Amendments). I expected the full pro res question, but didn't think we would be tested on similar topics as last July's exam. Lucky for me, I felt pretty good about my answers, although I could have used an extra five minutes, of course.
I have to admit, I was thrown off by today's performance exam, points and authorities. I hate anything dealing with the statute of limitations, and all I kept seeing were stupid dates. I couldn't, for the life of me, make that one exception about tolling stick - the one about actual damages or such. None of those rules seemed like they were really in the client's favor except for the main civil procedure sections, and I found it difficult to make the facts work in the client's favor.
Did anyone feel the same!? I thought, no it really shouldn't be this hard, I must be missing something. I kept going back to the facts, then to the cases, then to the facts. Argh! I know I shouldn't keep thinking about it. It was a simple task on a not-so-fun topic, which made for a very long 3 hours.
I also had some computer issues this morning, and I almost lost it when my computer wouldn't work. Turns out, my plug wasn't working and the battery on my laptop ran out. Luckily, Mr. O has the exact same computer as me, and I was able to take his plug which worked just fine. I think I must have passed on my bad luck, because from that point, the girl sitting right next to me had to handwrite.
Round Deuxers, hope you're feeling positive! I'm going to shake this PE off and gear up for tomorrow's MBEs. Still sending passing vibes your way! :)
2 comments:
Ditto! Back at ya'! And all that rot!
$13 for 24hrs of access for me. What kind of dumpy hotel are you staying at, anyway?
I'm kind of looking forward to tomorrow. Sounds sick, I know. Can't figure that out. Maybe deep down inside I want another chance to kick the MBE's ass.
Yeah, that's the ticket!
Positive vibes back at ya'!
i felt exactly the same way about the first PT. it made me want to give up completely!!
Post a Comment