All by myself...when Bar results come out. However, it turns out that my fiance and his brilliant friends (note the sarcasm) planned Mr. O's bachelor party during the week that Bar results come out! When Mr. O told me, via email since I'm in Paris, I was furious, to say the least. FURIOUS! And where are the idiots taking him? To Amsterdam! Again, furious!
I reminded Mr. O what I wreck I was last time results came out. Although I'm half way across the world, I can fully sense that he feels like shit at the moment. Suits him right. Who the hell leaves their soon-to-be-wife on one of the biggest, most horrifying days of her life? I'm trying to be all good about it, trying to remain positive and understanding. However, it's hard for me to understand when I told him the date that Bar results come out. Plan around it, I said. Remember that Bar results come out in May, I said.
To give him some credit, he has tried to figure out alternatives - he can be on the phone with me when I check; I can wait until Sunday when he returns. All bad, bad, bad options. I refuse to wait until Sunday. That's just plain torture because if I don't get calls in the morning from my friends, I'll know that I didn't pass. I'm also not staying on the phone with him because if I don't pass, it'll just ruin his trip.
Have you seen the V-8 commercials, where the woman bops the man over the head for eating/drinking unhealthy stuff. I wish I was at home so that I could bop Mr. O on the head. What the heck were you thinking...or better yet, why the heck weren't you thinking?! Argh...
Sucks to be Stella again. Fine. There's a reason I have to go at this alone. My friend says it's because I passed, and I really won't need Mr. O as a crutch this time. I'll be too busy celebrating. I hope to God that's really the case.
3 comments:
bad, oppressive mother in law? fiance wants to go to Amsterdam for his bachelor party? On the weekend you get your bar results? Honey, those are warning signs...heed them. Trust me, I've been there.
that's so terrible!!!
i know how you feel. i know that things have to be a certain way in order to be prepared for those results. i'm the opposite of you -- i have to be completely by myself! but it feels as imperative to me to be by myself as it does for you to have mr. o with you.
i do hope he decides to hell with the bachelor party! i don't see why they can't reschedule at this point -- can they?? may is still over a month away -- surely, they can pick another date to do it!
ugh! i do hope things work out. . . . you shouldn't have to worry about this stuff while in paris!!!
Hmm...not to encourage causing waves right before your wedding, but I would put my foot down on this one. He's been supportive this far, he needs to be there to celebrate with you (because you will pass). :)
Post a Comment