So I've finally discovered my way in this city. It took a little self-teaching, but I finally realize that the key to speaking with Parisians is to pretend like I am one myself. I've been going all around Paris, and despite the hail over the weekend (yes that's right, ice pebbles were smacking me on my face), I think I've finally learned to appreciate this city.
It's impossible to find gorgeous architecture like this in the U.S. Try as we may, all the fabulous buildings in the states seem to be a replica of the great ones throughout Europe. This is a pic of the front and back of Notre Dame. Stunning, especially due to the fact that the clouds and rain cleared just when I approached the church.
Today, I spent the day walking down Rue Cler and St. Germain. I went shopping for gifts, although the dollar is hurting over here. A can of Coke costs almost $5. I've become lost in Euro world and frequently have to remind myself that a 4 euro crepe from the crepe stand is actually $6.25! :(
I've adapted so well here that I'm now afraid to leave. The thought of going back to SF and waiting for Bar results makes me cringe. I didn't want to leave for Paris, but now that I'm here, I don't want to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment