I truly believe there is nothing I can face in my life that's more frustrating and stressful than the Bar exam. Today, I stand corrected. There is one thing in my life that can seriously put the Bar exam to shame - my future mother-in-law.
Laugh all you want, but the lady makes me crazy sometimes. How is it about mother-in-laws know exactly how to get under your skin? This fact transcends all races, ethnicities, and cultures. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some MILs that are absolutely wonderful. My MIL is a warmhearted and genuinely kind person...She just drives me bonkers at times.
You know what it may be - the fact that I can't really say what I want to say to her. With my mom, I can tell her when she's nagging me too much, causing excess stress, etc. With my MIL, all I can really do is smile and nod. It's so frustrating.
I'm not even married yet and the lady is already making me fearful of the future. A lifetime with MIL. Ugh. To the married people, any wise words of advice in dealing with the MIL?
1 comment:
ohhhh i've heard so many horror stories about MILs that terrorize their daughter in laws... i'm not engaged yet but my bf's mother seems harmless enough. my advice would be to keep your distance if you can... how is ur fiance? i've heard the MIL situation is exacerbated when the fiance is not on your side.
Post a Comment