It's been raining in Paris. The wind bites at my face everytime I step out. I went on a self-guided tour of the Arc de triumph, Avenue Champs Elysees, and the Tullierie Gardens yesterday, with the help of Rick Steves. I must remind you that this is a huge accomplishment for me because 1) I did this by myself, 2) I rode the Metro by myself and did not get lost, and 3) I applied some of those few French phrases I learned on the internet...well with hand gestures and finger pointing.
I suppose it was nice being alone with my own thoughts. I'm taking everything nice and easy... I ate a chicken baguette for lunch under the Arc (although I ordered the tuna baguette, seems like my limited French failed me on that one).
Other than the numerous boulangeries, the one thing I like about Paris is the history. I absolutely love historical places. It reminds me that there's more to this world than just my own little life.
I posted a picture of a beautiful tree I saw as I was walking from Champs Elysees to the Tullierie Gardens. There was one person sitting under it staring out in deep thought, as if he had just taken the Bar exam. I thought it was marvelous.
4 comments:
ah! you are making my heart melt... I spent a week alone in Paris a few Aprils ago and consider it one of the best things I have ever done. Traveling through the city on your own, even for just a day, reveals even more of its beauty to you. I'm so glad to know you are there and enjoying it so much. The rain is just part of Paris in the Springtime :) One of my most favorite things was La Sainte Chappelle (in the same tour as Le Concierge) and a quaint square in the opposite direction of Notre Dame. I loved Paris and I hope you come back with lots of wonderful memories!!!
LOL i'm quite sure he's deep in thought about the bar!!!!
i am so happy for you (and jealous) that you're in paris!! what a way to unwind from the bar exam -- travel half-way around the world!!
i totally agree with K.
i've spent some years traveling alone.
it was terrifying at first, but so rewarding in the end.
take a lot of pictures and post them!
:)
Hahha Abbagirl...yes I'm sure he has more of a life than I do! I saw him and he reminded me of me! I do that here more often than I'd like to admit - look out onto a beautiful scenery and sadly, think of the dang Bar exam. So sad!
Post a Comment