Monday, April 28, 2008

reminder

I just came back from a very quick trip to LA. I forgot how hot it gets there, and I was so thankful to be returning to cool, sunny Bay area weather. The weekend basically consisted of checking things off my to-do list. My parents wanted to get Mr. O a custom-made tux for the wedding, so he got his fitting done. After that, it was designated family time.

My grandpa, bless his 89-year old heart, is in the hospital again. He gets sick once a year, but this time, he was hit hard. The man has been practicing walking around the neighborhood so he could be strong enough to travel up north for my wedding. It seems he won't be able to make it afterall, but I'm so touched that he tried.

When I compare these things, these little reminders of "real life," to Bar results, I realize how very little it means in the grand scheme of things. Yes, of course, my career depends on passing, but my life absolutely does not.

It's certainly not easy to be at ease about May 16th. I have decided that I'll be spending the afternoon at a spa, relaxing and attempting to take my mind off of the inevitable. I still have hope that I passed, even with all the should-haves. While I'm mentally preparing myself for result day, I've also been good about limiting the what-ifs.

No comments: