Monday, July 07, 2008

Hiatus.

I woke up this morning and thought I should really start blogging again. Unfortunately, there isn't much to say other than I'm really behind. I'm behind on everything. My lovely mother just bitched at me for not having my invitations done. Yes, it's almost mid-July and I don't have invitations. Not a single one ready for my August wedding. She said I have no excuse. I don't work and I had all year...but did I really? Let's re-evaluate:
  • Jan-Feb: Studying for the Bar
  • March: I was in Paris
  • April: Started wedding stuff
  • May: Found out that I passed the Bar and partied the month away
  • June: Grandpa passed away, stayed in LA for the month and acted as chauffeur every single day for my out-of-country relatives and beautiful grandma.
So no, I did NOT have all year to plan my ding-dang wedding! Fine, I had April and May, and yes, I could have used them more productively... but why focus on the past? :) So now, all I have is a room full of materials and no invitations. Why? Because, being the brilliant one that I am, I thought I could make them all by myself. In fact, I thought I could make everything for my wedding. I'm all talk, no action. It's despicable.

Another wonderful Stella moment happened today. I went to an interview and got a job offer, but I'm not all too thrilled about it. It's for a huge insurance company (I explained how I really don't want to work in insurance a while back), across the Golden Gate Bridge, starting asap. I had to laugh considering the irony of the whole situation. Of all the jobs I applied to, I got hired for a position I didn't apply to, one month before my wedding. The timing is impeccable.

This is why it truly is never really simple for me. I'm deciding whether I should just take it, suck it up and make some money, or if I should decline and look for a job after my wedding and honeymoon. I don't know... I go back and forth, and back and forth. Ugh... Suggestions?

I hope you all had a pleasant 4th of July weekend! I spent the day working at my sister's new fro-yo shop. My sister, an attorney, got bit by the fro-yo bug and decided that the Bay Area needed a different kind of fro-yo. I'm so proud of the fact that she and her husband kept their full-time jobs and opened a fro-yo shop in less a year. If you're in the Dublin area, drop by Blush Organic Frozen Yogurt! It's yum!

I get a lot of flak when I work there. Many have reminded me that with my new Esq. in tote, all I've done is wipe tables, serve frozen yogurt, and wash dishes...on a pro bono basis. I figure, the only thing that comes before wedding planning and finding a job is my family.

No comments: