I am so incredibly excited to see what changes will take place during President Obama's time in office. I've kept the TV on all day so that I wouldn't miss a minute of the inaugural events. I've never cared so much about a new president taking office, and I've never felt such a sense of togetherness with so many different people. We all want the same thing, we all believe in the same person.
So far this year, I've been feeling a bit down. There hasn't been any good news to share. I cringe when I think that it's already late-January and I haven't made any job leads. Still, our new president really does inspire me and motivates me to want to try to be a better person.
In his inauguration speech, President Obama said, "Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin again the work of remaking America."
Well, I'm going to take that personally. Starting today, I'm going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and begin again the work of remaking Stella...with a new optimism.
No comments:
Post a Comment