Wednesday, January 28, 2009

still starving.

I finally started to put my words into action. This week, I began volunteering at a legal clinic. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous at first. I haven't done any practicing of law for a little while now. The thought of a person actually depending on me to give sound advice in an area I may know nothing about freaked me out a little. Still, I jumped right in, and I'm glad I did.

I felt like I was getting back in the game. It woke me up again and put things into perspective. One of my clients asked me whether I knew of a place where he could get free food because he could not work and he didn't have any money. I was reminded that even though times are tough for me, it could be much tougher for others.

Yesterday, a man killed his wife and five children out of desperation after both husband and wife lost their jobs. I felt so incredibly sad, but angry by the fact that job loss became the end all.

What can we do but keep moving... Job searching is my full-time job. I give myself the weekends to be free from the stress, but come Monday, I get right back on that horse. I have to.

2 comments:

Golnoush said...

That is so awesome that you are volunteering. The job market is wrecking all of us right now, but we should all have faith, it will get better!

L said...

It breaks my heart...there are no words...

But you're right...no matter what...we must keep moving forward...
(I started volunteering too.)