Thursday, October 29, 2009

And again...

You know, there are times when I have faith that the universe will work things out, that right defeats wrong, and that in general, good prevails. But today, that faith was thrown in my face. I'm on the muni right now, wondering how I got f*ed over...

Last week I was told, along with all the other contract attorneys, that the case was wrapping up much earlier than expected. We were told this week would be our last week at the firm. I thought fine, this is a good kick in the ass to start my job search for permanent employment.

One by one, as the others finished their work, they said their good-byes. I asked a couple of fellow temp attorneys when they expect to be done. They both always seemed to dodge the answer. Today, I realized it's because they aren't leaving. I'm guessing by their work load, they were asked to stay on. Low and behold, one of the people asked to stay was that chic that consistently asked me for help, but refused to help me.

ARGHHhhh!!!

I'm fuming. Angry and annoyed with myself...wondering why the hell the firm didn't ask me to stay...questioning my work...feeling screwed over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hell no!!

I am soo sorry, Stella.

Please, Karma, do your thang!

~Weezy

Golnoush said...

I'm sorry Stella! That just plain sucks! Chin up, hopefully an even better opportunity will pop up around the corner!