Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trust no one...

I just learned a very valuable lesson. There's another contract attorney who started with me. She always asks me questions about whether she's doing something right, or asks how to do this or that. Without hesitation, I always help her. When I don't know, I try to work through the issue with her.

Just now, I pinged her to ask her opinion on something I'm working on. I've never asked her a single question before. No response. Instead, she logged off...

Funny thing is, I sit diagonally from her so I can clearly see her computer screen. There it is - my message sitting here as she ignores it.

I forgot how bruttal it is in the working world. I hate learning the hard way that I shouldn't be so nice. It's not in my character to blow people off. I don't pretend to not know things to try to get ahead. It's damn disappointing that people can be selfish with their knowledge, but I suppose that's to be expected.

I'm so naive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

truly brutal.

you're not alone,girl.
experienced that way too many times.

i haven't blown anyone off ...yet.
but i must confess these types of experiences are hardening my heart and making me think twice before helping others...and i hate that..

~Weezy