Someone, please explain to me why it has to be so damn hard!!! I'm definitely having another "damn day."
Damn. I want to cry...and scream.
When I physically begin to write out what's frustrating me, it doesn't seem like much, but I'm so overwhelmed right now, I can't seem to breathe right. First, I got rejected for the job I interviewed for last week. 10 minutes ago, I called a law office to ask if a certain position was still open. The woman I spoke with said today is the deadline, so hurry and email my resume over. I thought, wow! Perfect timing, maybe my luck is changing afterall. I fixed up my cover letter, emailed my materials to the address she provided me with. It got bounced back. Maybe I wrote it down incorrectly. Not a problem, I'll fax it. The fax machine kept getting jammed. Fine, I'll just call the office again and ask for the email address one more time.
When I called the office, another woman told me the position was filled. I didn't hear her the first time though and thought she misunderstood what I was saying, so I asked for the address again. The woman got irritated and said in a very loud voice, "THE POSITION IS FILLED."
What I wanted to say: Huh? What the hell do you mean the position is filled? I just called 5 minutes ago and another idiot at your office told me it was still available. FUCK YOU PEOPLE! Fix the damn communication problem within the freakin office, dimwits! What, there's only like 5 of you there, is it THAT hard to let the secretary know!
What I ended up saying: I apologize. Thank you.
And that is my luck. It's so bad that it taunts me, gives me some hope, then slams the door in my face? I wasted almost an hour, preparing my shit for a job that didn't even exist.
No comments:
Post a Comment